Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

( IV ) My Colour

I thought it would be interesting to join a group blog that 'specialized' in Love, but didn't know it would be this difficult to write something meaningful about Love without going all mushy or jaded.

At this point in time, we are all in different stages of Love. Jon is lost and in love with Love, Vlad is inviting one and all into his ample man bosom, and this Miriam girl that I haven't even met before seems like she can't seem to make up her mind about Love.

For me, the first thing that comes to mind when I think about Love is an image of a girl. Friendship, family and comradery come closely after. I guess this comes with two and a half decades of being brought up with romance movies, pop music and certain anime series that I'd rather not divulge... Yes, I am a girly man, but also a very manly man when I have to be. On the whole, I guess you could say that I have a very positive outlook on Love.

Whoever came up with the title "Colours of Love" was pretty clever. We all have different colours, which probably represent different things. I chose Orange as my colour because it was my favourite colour. Looking into it a bit further, Orange is a combination of Red (the colour of Love) and Yellow (the colour for Joy). The background theme is also pretty well thought out, it fades from Yellow into Red. It's a pretty good representation of my view of Love. We start off Yellow. Happy. Fade into Orange, optimistic and enthusiastic. Meet the girl and fall in love with her and finally fade into Red. Sweet sweet Love. Sometimes, you get knocked back a few colours and you fade into the Greys, where you are unsure of where you stand.

Of course, I could be over thinking it, and all the colour scheming could be just a coincidence. But, I'm still Orange, hoping to be Red some day.

So... Who is brave enough to choose Red as their colour? :P

-Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment